FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: REMEMBER WHEN Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words remember and/or when, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on April 19th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Remember When will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, April 20th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Patricia Bailey

I’m Happy When


I’m happy when the morning sunlight peeks into my bedroom window calling me to wake up

I’m happy when fresh brewed coffee rouses my nose to its scent

I’m happy when hummingbirds and monarchs visit my garden

I’m happy when friends leave phone greetings in voice

I’m happy when a monthly bill shows a credit

I’m happy when filling my car at the gas pump and it finishes on a perfect number

I’m happy when my dreams are visits from an ancestor whose eyes meet mine

I’m happy when babies give me a smile

I’m happy when my seeds germinate effortlessly choosing life

I’m happy when songs deliver memories from long ago

I’m happy when in a hurry parking spots appear

I’m happy when the separated sock finds its mate

I’m happy when birds visit my window and linger

I’m happy when the tide is low on a sunny day

I’m happy when a hand written note finds my mailbox

I’m happy when store bought flowers last for weeks

I’m happy when the nightly news is void of trouble

I’m happy when sleeping spoon style with my husband

I’m happy when anyone tells me – I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

My First Dog   More fur than Lassie but the same coloring Coco was the best Saying Goodbye to the Cousins, the Summer Before Second Grade Th...