FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: REMEMBER WHEN Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words remember and/or when, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on April 19th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Remember When will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, April 20th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Maria A Arana

I want to share...


I want to share my life with you

but glaciers barre the way

fated for death while love

melts each step I take

It doesn't get me closer

but trying is only good enough

when it matters to you


 

 

I haven't been able...


I haven't been able to find solace in your passing

memories surface when least expected

and regret fills me

for years we were strangers

living and sharing

laughing and fighting

but we didn't know your thoughts

what you went through

how you wanted more

and us your critic

when a heart was all you needed


 

 

falling...


falling when holding on

crying when rain has stopped

running when road is graveled

spinning when standing till

and all the time you hold her hand

forgetting when our love touched the galaxy

 



when I speak the truth


it's like waves crashing on rocks

breaking them until they come sliding off

and you dismiss them

thinking I'd rather live

a heart can take so much

before letting on that you cared

even grains of sand must find cohesion


No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

My First Dog   More fur than Lassie but the same coloring Coco was the best Saying Goodbye to the Cousins, the Summer Before Second Grade Th...